The greatest dis-service we do to our health is not being more diligent about what we eat. Much of our eating habits are developed in childhood and typically last a lifetime. When we’re confronted with a weight or health issue, we are forced to determine what foods should be on our bad foods list.
In this article we will explore the bad foods list by not only telling you what they are but also providing some prospective on the food, the environment this food is produced and the economic motivation to make money even at the expense of everybody’s health.
Since 1936 before congress the alarm was raised that said that our soil was so depleted that we could no longer depend on food grown to be nutritious enough to sustain our health.
Today’s processed food environment is one of addiction, weight gain, depression, high blood pressure, arthritis, heart problems, diabetes, chronic fatigue, autism, alzheimers and much more.
Genetically modified organisms in about 80 percent of our food have been dropped on us with no long term testing to prove efficacy.
- Grains – Wheat, Barley, Rye, Oats – all contain gluten protein. This protien is nearly impossible to digest and in fact damages the villi of the small intestines and possibly leading to “leaky gut”, a condition where food particles not properly broken down small enough leaks into the bloodstream causing major discomfort. Organophosphates in pesticides and herbicides used on wheat also add the the health effects equation. Remember most Alcohols are grain based and also contain gluten.
- Dairy – Here are eight great reasons to eliminate dairy products from your diet. Osteoporosis. Milk is touted for preventing osteoporosis, yet clinical research shows otherwise. Cardiovascular Disease. Cancer. Diabetes. Lactose Intolerance. Vitamin D Toxicity. Contaminants. Health Concerns of Infants and Children.
- Fried Food – fried foods are deceptively unhealthy. They are filled with Acrylamades which are the result of deep frying in oil at high temperatures Acrylamides are carcinogenic (causes cancer) and pro inflammatory.
- Olive Oil – When olive oil becomes rancid it causes oxidative damage. Oxidative damage is linked to high blood pressure, arthritis pain all over the body, heart disease, cancer. It’s important to know that olive oil oxidizes with time and exposure to air (which contains oxygen). It’s important to understand that any oil that is heated oxidizes rapidly.
- Carbonated Beverages – It just so happens that the bubbles in carbonated beverages is CO2 and CO2 Neutralizes stomach acid and can severely impede digestion. Drinking any carbonated while eating is producing no more than empty calories and can accentuate the destruction of the villi in your small intestine and excellorate nutrient deficiency. Beer is also a carbonated beverage.
- Heterocyclic Amines – produced in well done red meat and the crunchy skins of potatoes. Heterocyclic Amines cause cancer. Nitrates are added to meat as preservatives and when heated produces nitrosamines, a nasty chemical. Nitrosamines also cause cancer, inflammation, and oxidative damage. Common meate that contain nitrates are:
A much safer option is to purchase nitrate free meat where available
Please Leave A Comment